Saturday, February 24, 2007

No one here is awake yet

I slept on the couch at Matt and Betsy's last night. If you've never been to their house, they have huge east windows and the couch is facing directly toward them. As long as you don't hate the sunshine it isn't bad, but you have to accept that the sun will wake you. It did. The sky was full of light for a little while. Dawn, orange, blazed. Then the shelf of clouds came and there was still a fiery dawning orange just below the shelf of clouds, but the clouds were too thick and where they met the sky the light just stopped. I closed my eyes and slept a little more and when I woke up the shelf was gone and the sun was gone and the sky was nothing but clouds again. Sleeping there is a bit like having a TV tuned to one show :"Good Morning Sunshine". As repetitive as the dawn is, every morning is a little bit different.

It's the first time I've slept on their couch in months. It's a sign of how my life has changed and sleeping here last night is another sign of how it is changing again.

In other news, I have a new name from a child: "Lala". It's very sweet. Makes me miss the old ones: Elllch, Da, Yinda, Dida. Though Dida is still in use.

7 comments:

mllr said...

A sign of how it is changing again...hmmm

Shauna said...

hmm indeed, especially after matthew's esoteric post

linda jean said...

nothing that different, just people moving away. life will be different.

mllr said...

so when are people moving away or have they already gone?

linda jean said...

people were gone this last week including this weekend. people will return this week and leave permanently on Wednesday.

mllr said...

people are home in Nardin on Sundays now if you get lonely

Unknown said...

I am free to host you on weekends.