Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beautiful and Terrible

There is a possibility of snow. I want to stay awake and wait for it to start, but that seems silly. I could just stare out the window and watch the big elm trees bow and bend in the howl until it starts. Seems like that would nicer than going to bed in anticipation of work. The forecasts vary. Last I checked the low end was 7 inches of snow, the upper end was 2 feet. A 40 mph wind with 7 inches of snow seems like a good reason to stay at home. I remember having to take 15 miles of interstate to get to my job when I lived in a real city. I dreaded the snow so much when I lived there. It was the dread that kept me awake. But now, knowing I'll probably have to go to the office in the morning, I don't dread the snow at all. The short drive might be challenging, but one mile of challenging doesn't cause me to dread. It will be beautiful and terrible if it's what they've predicted. And who can sleep when you know that you might wake up to that.

3 comments:

betsyann said...

As of 12:06 AM

Huzzah! The Blizzard is Come!

Susan said...

Thanks for your traveling advice. I am officially here, locked in and ready to face the storm, armed with bite sized oreos and a plasma screen TV.

linda jean said...

Glad you made it home. I'm getting ready for work :(