Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Cleaning

Betsy helped me organize my spare room, which is a task that I never did. Not when I moved into my house, not ever. So you can imagine what becomes of a room neglected like that.

During this task I ended up with several random sheets of things that I had written, not for public consumption, but because I try to get things out of me by writing, but I tend to be a pack rat.

I had a couple of untitled lists which after I write this blog entry will likely be shredded. The lists had no explanation or title, which makes one wonder what united the items, 24 on the first list and 7 on another. I figured out what the list of 24 was and I thought I would share a few of them. This one has to do with things that I had learned that year:

9. Things that I considered risky aren't really all that risky.
12. Friends of friends are awesome.
15. Babies are a good way to mark time.
17. I really am a pretty girl.
19. Most people will never realize that I am not telling what I think.
20. Hope requires more work than despair.
24. My personality can be overwhelmed.

The list of 7 for which I have not figured out a uniting theme:

1. I really like the taste of breadfruit.
3. When I bought my purple couch, I was looking for a red one.
4. I pretend to be less paranoid than I am for fear of being accused of being paranoid.
6. The most fun I've ever had dancing was with a cowboy who spoke no English.

I've heard some requests that I blog more regularly, but I haven't really had much to say. I may cheat for some blog entries this way. Sharing what I found on little scraps of paper so that it feels acceptable to pitch that scraps of paper. (Thank God for my new Molskine.)

2 comments:

jmlo said...

Thanks for sharing your random lists. So glad you are putting the moleskine to use. :)

linda jean said...

The moleskine is maybe my favorite notebook ever. Who knew that I would like it so much?