Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spring walk around the neighborhood

A little brunette girl stops at the corner across the street to stare at me and says "hello" at the moment she realizes I know she is staring. I meet up with an acquaintance who I know from all sorts of different things. She tells me about her graduate degree studies. She finally reveals her age, something I've kind of wondered about for a few years now. A young teacher and a young girl smile as they walk down the center of the street, not quite together, but not apart either. They both say hello. The man in the teal Ford pick up smiles and waves. He wears sunglasses and I have no idea who he is, but I wave back. Dora the explorer action figure lies fading on the sidewalk as she has for the last several weeks when I've walked by this corner. At the library a man sits on the bench with the Mark Twain statue, his young toddling daughter banging the literary genius in the head with a toy. The man sitting on his porch nods at me as I walk by. The jogger breathes out "hi" as he sweats past me and I wonder who he might be.

12 comments:

Ranger said...

apparantly I can't tell the difference between Mark Twain and Einstein in bronze.

mllr said...

lovely, Linda!

Anonymous said...

This morning I was doing a mental comparison between the friendliness of my hometown and Garden. Then I read your blog. Thank you for saying it so simply.

linda jean said...

Thanks. Always nice to hear good feedback.

DISEASE said...

nice blog...

Anonymous said...

this is why http://learntohackv2.com/freehacking.php?hacker=zackeraiya

hapi said...

Hi linda jean, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Peter Marin said...

very nice read :)

ssjj said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sinthia Turnip said...

emm comment my post plis

NIBIN P B said...

great post keep going

Anonymous said...

http://nevercountsheep.blogspot.in/2010/04/so-nice-to-live-in-small-town.html