Saturday, October 07, 2006

99 red balloons-- ok one pink balloon

I walked downtown this morning to marketfest, a newish festival intended to bring people downtown though the activities sort of offset whatever benefit the downtown merchants hoped to receive. The wind is at about 30 mph today and steady so the outdoor activities were difficult and sometimes littering was out of your hands. I walked back home after meeting up with family and eating bierocks (they weren't nearly as good as the one's I had a whimmydiddle in Scott City last weekend, but oh well. I think I may have eaten bierocks 3 weekends in a row because the weekend before that was Oktoberfest. 1st goes to Scott City's NW KS cook 2nd to the Knights of Columbus and 3rd to the GC Mennonites). I took a pink balloon and walked back home. I had been wondering about the joy the helium-filled balloons seemed to give to the kids. By the time I got home I had remembered a little bit about what is so fun about them. It's like a little companion that stays with you as long as you hold on tight and that wants to run away to play at the same time. Pinky danced in the wind the whole walk home and gave me cheery tug after the mean dog barked at me. Hope everyone is enjoying fall, I am.

6 comments:

mllr said...

I love Linda,I like how you make friends with inanimate objects...and speaking of bierocks, I want one!!! ask mom if she still has her recipe...oh my gosh, I miss them

linda jean said...

I think I have the recipe she uses, I'll dig it out and send it to you. I'm thinking about making a big batch one of these days because they are the perfect single person food. Do you like wheat bread on yours?

malh said...

I, too, am a fan(of bierocks and Linda).

Shauna said...

I'm a big fan of Linda but think bierocks are yucky.

mllr said...

Bierocks are the perfect single person food, and yes,mom made hers with wheat bread so that is what I like. Actually mom used to send them with me when I was a single person!

linda jean said...

thanks spencer. i'll have to buy some lucky charms and try it this weekend.