Sunday, March 11, 2007

It's like they are stealing time

I trust that this day will be uneventful for all. So much for the mini-y2k or M11S (march 11 spring). Also, this first daylight saving day is cloudy-- why would I want to lengthen a cloudy day?

I tried to stay up an hour extra last night in order to keep the government from interfering with my Saturday night. I knew that the government would get their hour no matter what, so I decided if I stayed up late on my own those fat cats in Washington wouldn't actually have stolen one hour of sleep from me, but I would have stolen an hour myself and so we would be even. Somehow this morning the math isn't making sense and truthfully I fell asleep early because I'm not really good at staying up late.

My computer knows exactly what time it is, but as expected some electronics like the mechanical face-dial clock in my house is an hour behind. Actually it isn't surprising, it did that during the last time change. I blame the computer programmers for not even trying with the clock.

On Friday I got to work on time. I think maybe the sunrise was perfect for me waking on my own. Oh well. Everyone is humored at my frenzied arrivals.

Finally I am very sorry to those of you who are having a 23 hour birthday. It's totally not fair.

No comments: