Monday, September 03, 2007

Nowhere







The blog has already visited this place, but I went there this weekend just to have some outdoor time. This CCC dam is in NE Finney County and is currently called Finney County Wildlife Area. It's more like an abandoned dream. "Finney County Abandoned Dream Refuge". Maybe I'll make a new sign. There isn't any water and I didn't see much wildlife other than the millions of grasshoppers and one lizard. The first picture is of the little graveyard near the dam. It's in a neat circle and completely overgrown. The second picture is on the dam identifying itself. It's a place of eerie solitude especially because it has the feeling of a ghost town though it's a couple of miles from the remains of Ravenna, the real ghost town nearby.

7 comments:

malh said...

Hey! I've been there. Got a rock to prove it.

linda jean said...

Yep. malh has explored with linda jean.

Shauna said...

This is totally unrelated to your photos, but here is an interesting idea for the next poetry thing.

mllr said...

I am addicted to exploring and hiking after doing so 5 days straight...I am ready to go anytime.

linda jean said...

Thanks shauna... I'm working on it.

mllr... exploring is addicting.

Anonymous said...

Linda, I miss you.

linda jean said...

Trey...omg. :)
nice to hear from you.