Sunday, August 27, 2006

Tumblin' Tumbleweed

I think this was the best year I've had a Tumbleweed Festival. This is why: I stayed there almost the entire time. I enjoyed a variety of musical styles including a ragtime band (I'm not sure that I've actually ever heard of a ragtime band let alone gotten to just listen) and Edgar Cruz (I think I saw him in college). The skies were cloudy all day yesterday (very out of character on the range) which made things a little chilly, but today the sun came out and I bought two cds which I even had autographed (Brad Cotter and Harvey Reid & Joyce Anderson) . (what a funny thing that is. i always feel weird getting autographs, but when there isn't a line and the artist is willing, it seems like you ought to. i guess it is a nice excuse to say hello and thank you). (The one bad part was the 5 minute errand that took an hour). (ok 10 minute errand that took 45 minutes, it was on saturday and included getting a sweatshirt). The strange thing about Tumbleweed is that there are people who don't go. I paid $7 and personally heard about 7 hours of live music and my drive time to the park was about 5 minutes. I could have listened to a lot more too. Hooray for small town music festivals.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

at first I was thinking Testical Festival that takes places at the Tumbleweed in Stillwater and I was really confused at why this took place in Garden. but now I just feel silly

mllr said...

linda I am coming this weekend so don't go anywhere

betsyann said...

I know, I loved Tumbleweed this year too. The funny thing I was thinking is, two years ago I was pregnant, and I thought "Next year it might not be fun, with a tiny baby" and then it was fun, and last year I thought "Next year it might not be fun, with a one year old" but it was fun, and this year as I was leaving I thought "Next year might not be fun, with a two year old" and then laughed at myself. I'm guessing it will be fun. :)

linda jean said...

Maybe we're getting old. Maybe all that Tumbleweed requires is that you sit still and listen.

Also, i still have e-mail. I mean it's ok if you want to talk to me this way, but you could e-mail or call or whatever. But it does inflate the number of comments on the post which makes some bloggers jealous.

BTW they are weird in Stillwater...

Unknown said...

by the way you are correct.. i'm insanely jealous that people care about your blog.. and you all wonder why i stop blogging eventually

Unknown said...

what i meant was.. they are complete gentlemen. never would they have put me in an awkward situation like Tanner. ever. they would never be inappropriate towards me. that is what is meant from I should have said lamont boys.

mllr said...

I think email is overrated...I am all for making other bloggers jealous

linda jean said...

No one will probably care, but I must post my glee that Harvey and Joyce's cd includes "Primitives" written by T-Bone Burnett. Yay!