Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tomato plant conversation and why you shouldn't be jealous that people comment on my blog

Last night I was talking to tomato while picking two new red ones. He is the first garden plant I've tried in a pot and was put there because I couldn't figure out where to put a garden in my yard, but also couldn't conceive of summer without some fresh tomatoes. As my neighbor quipped "enjoying our Colorado weather?", I was asking the tomato plant if he had enjoyed the rain. He seemed to say that it was nice, but he really missed the sun. "Me too," I said. The weather guy said that we should see the sunshine today, tomato and I can't take another cloudy day. We've had 4 or 5 in a row, which may not seem like a lot unless you are from a sunny place and then it seems like the world is ending only it feels that way in your soul and you aren't sure why until you look up to say hi to your favorite and he isn't there.

My other conversation last night was with an automated man at United Airlines. To my plea " I want to speak to a human being" he would answer , "you would like to depart from Midland, Texas".

I talked to my sister on the phone for a little while and I went to Bible Study where I succeeded at not talking. Sometimes it's for the best. The ladies did get into a "Left Behind" discussion about the books. Sigh...

My teddy Bear and I read a little out of "At the Back of the North Wind" which we had stopped reading for a little while due to anniversary fatigue, but it was beautiful last night and my teddy bear thought that the voice inside the drunk which was the voice of the great love who had created him and which sounded like misery to him and on Mt Sinai like thunder and to St. John like blessedness was lovely and sad, to the point that I had tears. Teddy bears don't cry.

4 comments:

mllr said...

Tomato and Teddy bear..they seem nice

linda jean said...

They are nice, but tomato will be leaving soon. Also, for those in Colorado, I know you also have a sunny climate-- my neighbor was referring to the fact that lows got down to the low 50s which is unusual for August in Kansas.

malh said...

It is nice to know that a comment is welcome. And I always feel that mine are when I do choose to comment here. There are other times when I find it an accomplishment NOT to comment(kind of like not commenting at a bible study). Somewhere in Proverbs it says I am seen as wise when I do this(not comment). The question is how do they(these jealous people) even know I am not commenting on their blog, and that I, in fact, should be seen as wise? To post or not to...

linda jean said...

you could comment that you are not commenting. which might make your comment unwelcome, especially if you are commenting on the blog of someone who is a little paranoid. or you could say "i read your post." from now on I'll assume you have a lot to say when you don't comment, but it has to do with me being a bad person or smelly so you choose not to :)