Wednesday, March 26, 2008

blog tagging (it's like freeze tag only not at all)

Pondering Hope (isn't that a nice blog name?) tagged me, or in layman's language, politely requested that I share about the book nearest to me at the moment I read the tag.

The instructions: 1. pick up the nearest book (No cheating! Don't try to be cool and find something spectacular. It must be the book in closest physical proximity.) 2. Turn to page 123. 3. Count the first five sentences and then 4. write down the next three sentences:


"It's a wonder you didn't suspect me," I said.

"You're a little too innocent for that yet," my father said affably. "But it won't be long..."


The book was off the free table at the library and is called "The Magic Lantern" and it's written by Robert Carlson. I've never heard of it either, but it came home with me because it was next to a free Walker Percy novel, an author I had heard of and who I had planned to read one day. I haven't decided about reading "The Magic Lantern", but it has a very promising title. At first I was afraid that the nearest book would be my thesaurus, but as luck would have it (or maybe it was magic) "The Magic Lantern" was sitting in the chair next to me.

Much like an email forward that never wants to end I continue this tag by asking Shauna and MALH to share.

5 comments:

mllr said...

I know why I can't finish Absalom, Absalom...the first sentence to write down is 264 words long.

Unknown said...

"Amelia Bones is okay, Hary," said Tonks earnestly. "She's fair, she'll hear you out."
Harry nodded, still unable to think of anything to say.

Shauna said...

Tonks, sniff sniff.

Shauna said...

What's really weird is that my bookmark got pulled out, and after I wrote down the sentences I realized that I previously left off on page 123.

bloggendrauf said...

I know I wasn't asked, but this sounded really fun. Unfortunately the book closest to me doesn't have a page 123 so I thought a random page would suffice. In which case:
"RED BED I am in bed."

What more is there to say, really.

JEO