Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saturday morning adulthood is being shoved down my throat

Saturday morning. Where are the cartoons? NBC is playing golf. Local ABC has taken over with a morning news program and the educational cartoons of pbs and the religious programming of tbn are a little too mind-numbingly boring, and although I am slightly amused by Sonic the Hedgehog, most of the fox cartoons are a little yicky. They moved Kim Possible and I have no idea what time she's on anymore. What am I supposed to do while I eat my lucky charms? This has been a problem for me for awhile now. The quality of the cartoons has been in a steady descent for years now. Remember Recess? What happened to Fillmore? Cable is the answer, but how can anyone justify cable just to watch cartoons. Anyway, any Loony Toons collection would be greatly appreciated at Christmas time. I'd also like the Batman cartoons from the 90s and the X-Men cartoons from the 90s too. I'm not sure if Fillmore is available, but that would be cool to have.

I also went to see Clay Jenkinson this week. He is a Thomas Jefferson impersenator. There were only four of us legal types that I saw at the event and the Judge said "I guess we're the only ones interested in the Constitution." If you ever have the opportunity, he is worth seeing.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

With few exceptions, Saturday morning cartoons aren't worth watching anyway. It's mostly just anime junk in which at best the characters say stupid things that make no sense, and at worst summon demons.

Shauna said...

I like Teacher's Pet but we don't get Disney. Pinky & the Brain and Animaniacs are on DVD now.

I like the Thomas Jefferson guy. We've listened to him on the radio before.

mllr said...

Spencer found a way for us to watch the Prison Break episodes that we missed...I don't know if there are any cartoons but check the site out http://tv.peekvid.com/
PS I love Thomas Jefferson and way to get points with the judge

malh said...

Have you ever tried the Nick website? Finney was watching one of his favorite cartoons on it today.

linda jean said...

I forgot about Pinky and the Brain.
Narf. And Animaniacs are on dvd too!
I suppose I could watch cartoons on the computer, but it really isn't the same. The couch is by the tv and the hard wooden chair is by the computer.

nattyman said...

Yes the cartoon selection is pretty dismal on Saturday mornings anymore. I think NBC plans on adding another 12 hours of the today show so that it just goes straight into SNL when it is over.

ABC has started showing Veggie Tales though and I would also recomend Zoboomafoo on PBS. Although not a cartoon and it comes on Sunday morning my entire family enjoys it.

It is two men who are brothers that while child friendly are still manly, unlike things like The Wiggles. They teach you cool things about animals and have a good time doing it. It is the only nature show that I have ever seen where they call the animals "Creatures" and I have never once heard them mention Evolution. I am sure that any day PBS will figure it out and pull it.