Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A hero sleeps at night.

I've been having fitful sleeps lately. I even counted sheep last night being unable to remember the charms of Linda. Getting less sleep is certainly an annoyance and an inconvenience. It does yield some nice weird dreams. Last night I dreamed that I was a boarder in an old home that was being renovated. The young couple that was working on the house seemed to avoid me. However at the end of the dream the husband told me that he really thought highly of me. He then said that I was capable of being a hero, but I wasn't quite one yet. He then gave me advice on how to actually achieve hero status. Alas, I can not remember any of his advice. Then I dreamed I was at a spa with my husband who had to use smelling salts to awaken me after I had fallen asleep in some fancy bathtub. He went ahead and purchased the smelling salts to use at home when I was sleeping and was snoring too much. I've never actually been to a spa, but it seems odd that I would take a bath as part of my spa treatment, but I suppose it's possible. Not sleeping tends to mean that something is bothering me, but I'm not really sure how to make it go away. Either I'm concerned about my snoring or I'm concerned about not being a hero. I can't really do anything about the snoring except take sudafed, allergy prescriptions and try to avoid mouth breathing to the extent possible. Being a hero seems like it might be too much work, but maybe I need to explore it as an option. My new life coach has suggested that I need to get a hipster photo for my blog, but I'm not sure if that's what the man in the dream suggested. Or it may be that it's too cold at night to be sleeping without the heater running.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Ha! I'm your life coach? Only disastrous good times can come from this.

My remedy for sleepless nights? A beer before bed. Also, watching indie movies that you try really really hard to like, even though you know they're bunk. Some examples to get you started: Elephant, Mutual Appreciation, The Squid and the Whale, Broken Flowers. Broken Flowers was actually okay just soooooo slow.

I feel all exposed admitting that I didn't like those movies.

linda jean said...

I have felt that a disastrous good time has been needed for a long time. Who better to assist? I like just designating you as my life coach without asking or paying. It takes pressure off of both of us.
All indie movies aren't brilliant and likeable in a quirky low-budget way!?! Ok, you're the coach.

Susan said...

That's right. You may now view Gus Van Sant critically. It'll feel strange at first, but eventually you'll learn to like this new "elitism + intelligence."

Unknown said...

Oh Susan........... so exposed!

malh said...

Even though I have no earthly idea who Indie is, or for that matter why anyone would need a life coach, I do know a little about sleep. I know that when my husband wakes me up to tell me I am snoring, it is usually out of an extremely restful sleep. I think I rest better if I eat a VERY light supper. I have found that If I drink caffeine after 10:00 A.M. I might have a difficult time sleeping. If it is after 2:00 P.M., forget the sleep.
The Husband says that he empties his mind and simply meditates on sleep. This actually works! Psalm 127:2(the last part of the verse)