Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A politically charged blog entry

This week I'm pretending that I'm going on some great trip and I have to get up when it's dark so that I can make my flight. I actually arrived to work almost on time with this strategy (only 10 minutes late)and though it was starting to be light when I got to the office, the sun was not risen technically. I'm not really enjoying the extra light this evening. It's making me angry because I would have preferred it on the other end of the day. If I were running for President, this would be my one campaign promises: return the end of daylight savings to its previous weekend. When will the candidates address the everyday man's concern?

6 comments:

In the Mix said...

Here, here!

mllr said...

I am afraid you would lose vital support from the powerful "candy lobby" who pushed through legislation that would give more Halloween daylight to encourage more candy sales.

Susan said...

oh Linda. It's all about living green. Embrace the darkness. Wear more hemp. Sell the private jet. It's time.

linda jean said...

mixie-- at least i'd have one vote.
mllr-- fight the power.
sus-- you're the life coach, bye bye private jet. (does this mean i need to do all of my shopping in Lawrence?)

Unknown said...

unrelated tidbit:
My favorite thing about Progo is when he/it is calls love, luff..
And I can't wait to show you my Progo I put in my altered book.

linda jean said...

jo--excited to see progo... remember facebook and email always work for unrelated comments.