Friday, January 02, 2009

The mysterious ipod.

Right now I'm listening to my ipod. Betsy once said that if I wrote a novel about myself that no one would believe the parts about my technological ineptitude, yet those parts are all too real.

For starters I can't figure out how to turn the volume down. It should be an obvious feature, but somehow it is completely baffling me. Next, I am listening to a download which I purchased to start out with just to get the hang of it. I've downloaded before, but never with an actual ipod to put all of the new music on. Anyway, I picked The Avett Brothers' "Gleam 2" because it's an ep and I have a difficult time justifying buying half an album (yes, I "bought" it, but I can't see it so it's different). Apparently I bought it twice. Don't ask me how I did it, but as soon as a song ends it begins again on the ipod. Which leads me to the next mystery: How do I remove songs from the ipod? I couldn't come up with a guess on this one. The little booklet is about as scant as the paint left on my house.

(So anyway, I've apparently been bad about having downtime lately and maybe that's why I haven't been blogging, but here I am trying again. Wish me luck.)

6 comments:

betsyann said...

we got you a little book at target-ipod and itunes for dummies. Remind us to give it to you.

Jenny said...

You're so funny! I would never have guessed you have trouble with technology. Here are some ipod tutorials: http://wisdom.wright.edu/tutorials/iPod.htm I don't know how to transfer or delete files, but I know on Heath's ipod, you make a counterclockwise circle to turn the volume down.

malh said...

I love your blog. My ipod thingy is like Heath's. Thankfully I have 4 helpers in this technology world.

mllr said...

I am going to get an Ipod too! Only 2538 more fertilizer/chemical points from Bayer Crop Science.

linda jean said...

mllr- make sure crop science remembers to give you an owner's manual.
betsyann-- thanks for the book. usually that info comes in an owner's manual.
Jenny-- thanks for the link. Usually that info comes in an owner's manual.
malh-- i wouldn't need helpers if i had an owner's manual...

(not that i don't love my ipod. it's great, but really-- my vacuum cleaner came with an owner's manual.)

Shauna said...

Apple's puts the bulk of its user manuals online.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1345