Saturday, May 30, 2009

Indian Blanket Flower





After I found the bridge I went to Cimarron Grasslands which was filled with flowers, especially blanket flowers. The hiking there is always funny because you lose the trail as often as you find it. I stepped on a cactus and I got a thorn in my toe. The trail I took is about 10 miles long. The only real places to stop are when a service road intersects the trail which happened once (and did not happen as soon as I would have liked after the thorn in my toe). I hardly made a dent in the ten miles-- I took about 2 miles of the trail before turning around and hiking the same two miles back. The weekend I went it was between 75 and 80 degrees. As usual I didn't see a soul. My one regret about these photos is imagining what they would look like with the dawn's light. I'm going to have to wake up earlier someday.

3 comments:

mllr said...

I think it is wonderful that you take hikes by yourself. I just hinder myself so much by thinking that I need a partner, so I just don't go. I would like to go exploring with you anytime! Love the "Oklahoma State Flower" shots.

malh said...

I want to go back there so much...I didn't really know where I was going the first time I went and we didn't really have time to hike.

linda jean said...

this was kind of a whiny hike. I would have annoyed anyone who might have come with me. it may have been better with someone with a strong ability to counter-attack the whining.
hiking with a big group of people that day would have been miserable.