Thursday, May 28, 2009

WPA bridge

This is the WPA bridge in Morton County. I decided to find it a couple of weekends ago. It spans a fork of the Cimarron. Next time the Cimarron floods we should drive down to see it.
There is a sign marking the bridge so that you know you've found the right place.


This is not the right sign.


This is not the right road. I loosely copied the directions off of this website (my ineptitude should in no way reflect poorly on the website. What I wrote for directions read like this "N. Rich 4 W. 6 then N. Turn at a bridge.") It would be easier if I had GPS, but where would be the fun? This pictured path actually gets worse. Much worse. I wasn't taking pictures during the drive time when I was nearly high-centered. This may prove the point that I ought to have an exploring companion to read signs like NO VEHICLES BEYOND THIS POINT. When I'm alone I completely miss them.

1 comment:

jmlo said...

Nice Bridge. Perhaps your next car should be a Subaru and not a Mini-Cooper?