Tuesday, May 12, 2009

a segue from poetry to hiking photos.

I went to the grocery store tonight. I brought a list. I brought two tote bags and filled them with lots of produce. I even bought a rotisserie chicken. They apparently go on sale after 8:00 pm or something. I haven't a clue the price of a fresh one, but a manger's special whole chicken is $3.99 if you are willing to wait until it's nearly not edible.

I got home with my items and made some potato-tomato galettes from a Martha Stewart recipe. They were yummy with the cheap chicken. And especially yummy with Shiner's Bohemian Black Lager, which is a favorite at the moment.

So amazing that I've eaten supper including a side from the oven and am now drinking a yummy beer. I think this might be the first successful night of adulthood I've had in several years.

Hopefully I'll be posting some hiking pictures soon. I went to Scott Park last weekend and may go down to Cimarron for the next. I'd like to go a bit farther for Memorial Day weekend... I want to drive a little farther and hike a lot longer. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

In the Mix said...

Umm...Manhattan?

Susan said...

I love it when I can make a successful meal without a panic attack. It happens about once a year. And usually involves spaghetti.

Congrats on adulthood.

linda jean said...

manhattan? Not a bad choice. I'll be in touch.

My luck didn't hold out. I wanted to make a lunch to carry to work and failed to be functional enough to achieve such this morning. My VERAMIST honeymoon may be over.

malh said...

Kanapolis or Elk City Lake(I think that is what it is called--N. of Independence.) You could always see if a certain sister was able to go if you wanted some company.

jmlo said...

Gypsum Hills

mllr said...

The Glass(Gloss) Mountains west of Enid, East of Woodward...conveniently located approximately 1.5 hours from a Nardin bed and breakfast...I want to go.