Thursday, July 20, 2006

Vague and Melancholy

It seems like a lot of things have happened this week, some not really blog appropriate, but I feel sort of edgy because of it all. The temperatures just melt your cares and fuse them together into a more connected and powerful mass. I've felt like an observer and never a participant--good considering one of my observations was a drunk driver running a stop sign at about 60 mph into a long gully of sand. Last Thursday my dui trial pled out and I was so aware of myself that I can tell you my thoughts for almost every moment of that day. This Thursday, today, I was so unaware of my thoughts. It's strange how losing yourself is such a better moment to be in than those moments when all you do is think about what you're saying and what everything means. I hope this weekend is a lot of nothing. I hope it's not too hot. I hope I don't get that much done. I hope that I'm not alone all weekend. I hope that I don't have to see a bunch of people.

Yet, Friday has its requirements. Evidence: What will show the voluntariness of this moment?

2 comments:

lobiwan said...

I'm going to assume that by "nothing," you mean "pouring through old photographs, slides, and negatives in order create a multimedia presentation spectacular for your parents 50th wedding anniversary."
good.

linda jean said...

that is exactly what i meant