Monday, July 31, 2006

An uncool view





This is my view this week just for some contrast to lobiwan's view.

I bought Raul Malo's new cd. I broke my boycott on Hastings once again. So much for one girl's attempt to change the world through an unspoken protest. The cd is mostly remakes that make you feel like you should be slow dancing. Not really a necessary feeling, but it's not a bad feeling either. I had to request assistance from my junior high science teacher who works part time at the store in order to locate the cd. She still makes me feel stupid when I talk to her.
  • "You're looking for who?"
  • "Raul Malo's cd".
  • "Never heard of him. What kind of music is that?"
  • "I don't know. Maybe country or pop".
  • "Is he new?"
  • "Not really"
  • She types into the computer. "Oh, he's rock". She sighs.

I know. I'm still not cool. You don't have to still be exasperated about kids not being cool. We're not at school. Your computer is an idiot by the way.

7 comments:

jmlo said...

Has it occured to you that she is working at Hastings in the evening?

jmlo said...

leszu! my word to verify...perhaps instead it should be "Leszu?" o maybe Leszu--that's all I got to say leszu.

Ben said...

perhaps if you replaced the blue binder with a red binder the view would be better?

linda jean said...

I don't think we have any red binders!
Leszu (I decided it sounds like bless you).

Shauna said...

Where's Matthew now? Why are you boycotting Hastings? I refuse to go to Blockbuster ever again because they overcharged me for a movie then gave me a credit instead of my money back when I went back in the store to complain. Then they turned me over to collections because someone was too stupid to realize I had a credit balance and that actually, they owed ME money.

linda jean said...

lobiwan is in colorado at a cabin with Betsy's family. I think it's south of the Springs. Last Christmas I went to Hasting for gifts and they had so much crap they were peddling. What bothered me the most were the marijuana shot glasses and the marijuana molds. It was intermingled with things targeted at kids. So I decided to stop shopping there. Now I feel guilty about the cd...

lobiwan said...

"The Cabin" is about 15 minutes SE of Westcliffe.