Monday, January 01, 2007

Resolved: that newness should co-exist with oldness

It's time for something. New year, new number, new date. The old has escaped the present to its eternal abode in memory. Though everyone should know my holidays, the last 3 weeks, have been full of new that became old (or "auld" in honor of the day). Newness becomes passe with each second passing and now will repeat itself ad infinitum. (Unless of course time truly ceases to exist, but for now I am trapped in its straight line continuum without a Deloreon or a flux capacitor). So, the girl of 2006 is now the girl of 2007. She is mind-bogglingly decisive. I am going to attempt a poem everyday again, which I've tried before, but I've already succeeded today. I am going to face myself and examine my path.

Sorry for the vagueness (imagine trying to live your life with this kind of vague mind everyday! It's a wonder I accomplish anything). Sorry that there are no pictures, JEO.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

resolve that newsyness should exist in collusion to my old harley and the messy muddy thinking of my childhood should be consigned at the secondhand store along with my resolve to laugh more and criticize less, though i don't expect anything to come of it but dust collection and pining for the old days - ben

nattyman said...

Haven't you heard Linda? "Old" is the new "New"!