Tuesday, August 07, 2007

for no reason

I took both of these pictures last week for no reason while on my way to visit my brother's new business. I'm posting them maybe for the same reason that I'm awake for no reason when I'm tired. I just feel like it. Tonight is perfect. I was out at the farm and when I stepped out to leave, the moonless sky was dark and glittery with millions of stars. The August summer air was nighttime perfection. That time of darkness, that perfect temperature, that pure joy of a night like this was just what I needed. I drove home windows down and listened to my new Avett Brothers cd which is making me happy...The beginning of the song Salina goes like this:
Salina, I'm as nowhere as nowhere can be
can't you add some somewhere to me
Ah Kansas, I'm kneeling, Ah Kansas please.


So many good moments happen for no reason. The goodness would be lost if I tried to assign one. So, I'll agree with myself to go to sleep tonight with a smile and a satisfied yawning "thank you". Hopefully, tomorrow night will bring more of the same.

2 comments:

mllr said...

sweet pics!

linda jean said...

thanks