Tuesday, August 14, 2007

This entry is about clothes.

I love having a story ready. Especially about clothes because I have too many and it's a little embarrassing from a minimalist-philosophy-pursued-through- simplistic-living point of view. Today I was ready with lots of stories. "I really like that blouse. The color is very becoming." "Thank you. I found it in a thrift store in Oregon while shopping with with my sister. It's got some sort of original tag in it from a boutique in Hollywood, California." Usually I cut these stories short depending on the audience. The blouse, by the way, is white with a green leopard-type spots. In real life that conversation ended at the thrift store in Oregon, but here, I have no need to mercifully end my ramblings.

The story of the outfit continues including the patent leather shoes I was wearing today which were found in a thrift store in Arizona. I speculate that they were bridesmaid shoes for a wedding without a dance based on their style and amount of wear. My black skirt was purchased from my own local downtown, something few care about to the degree that they should (I'm not being judgmental, just saying that you should buy locally whenever possible, especially if you are going to own too much anyway).

The earrings I was wearing completed the storied outfit. "I love your earrings where did you find them?" "I bought them from an American Indian at the Continental Divide. He said he was out of gas and needed money to get to Amarillo, Texas. So I bought a painting from him as well. It's hanging in my bathroom. Of course, he drove away after walking up to me carrying a gas can, but I'm sure he was running low." Again, some details were omitted in real life, but that is one stinking cool pair of earrings.

PS My grease-stained skirt is actually coming along nicely. I'll fill you in once I'm certain I've won.

2 comments:

mllr said...

You are a funny girl...I like you

linda jean said...

thanks. I think they've taken away my ability to comment at work again.