Sunday, May 20, 2007

Fighting Crowds

You can see the whole basin from this point. It feels like the earth is giving you a hug or if that's too granola for you, that God put this spot here for you to reach so that you could experience him hugging you through creation, or if that's still too much, it feels like a real pretty place to be. The marker points to Jacob's well.



These are pictures of the folks visiting with me. I'm not sure if you can see the red car in the distance at the marker. I am east of the marker here.

This is a view from the marker looking toward Jacob's well. That car belongs to a famous Kansan I passed driving up to the marker. It's incredible that so few people are here when I visit, but I don't really mind.



1 comment:

malh said...

I love visiting places like this(beauty with no people) so that the children can run around
with wild abandon...hollering to each
other not because they are bickering,
but because they can...and I can too.