Wednesday, May 30, 2007

sunshine and glue, paper and hearts

I went with no format on placement of these photos which may have been a mistake, but I'm not waiting for them to upload again (I hate made up words like upload. Maybe "transmit" would be more pleasing). I just thought I'd share again with the collages I've been making since they've vastly improved since the last time I posted and since there are so many of you who never stop by. What's great for me about these creations as opposed to painting is that they're completely two dimensional. I've honestly never tried to paint, but I was recently gifted a watercolors set, so I'll let you know if I ever get brave enough to try that. Anyway, this is something new for me since I've never attempted visual art and I'm actually enjoying it, but there are loads of half cut up periodicals in my house now and millions of tiny pieces of paper.
I really ought to go back to embroidery for my tactile outlet, but I'm really enjoying the smell of glue and not poking myself with a needle. I have have ruined some pants doing this, however, which I never did with embroidery. I think maybe it's the office job that pushes me to create something wholly unrelated and vastly less ugly. You can click on the heart to try and read everything if you want, but it's mostly just nonsense. The only funny thing on it says something like "if the foot were the anatomical metaphor for love instead of the heart, what would it mean to say 'he walked all over me'?"

3 comments:

Shauna said...

I love the heart! I've been thinking of trying mosaics, but having broken pieces of pottery laying around just seems like a bad idea.

linda jean said...

It makes me want to try out mosaics too. Paper and glue are so fast.

Shauna said...

Lynn has some cool birdbaths and flower pots and quite a few pictures of her mosaics in progress.