Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Resolution: Revelation and Revolution

As for the New Year tradition, writing down a resolution is the surest way to guarantee that I won't accomplish it. I try to think of changes as guidelines, and I give myself permission to ignore any guideline I give because with that permission in place I'm more likely to follow the guideline. I just don't like it when I boss myself around and am prone to breaking rules out of spite.

Here are some hopes for the New Year over which I have no control:
A happy spring
Something good in my life that brings me joy
Focused goals
Love
A respite from toughness

I guess you would call those prayers since I have no control over them. What else can I do with hopes like that except pray?

As for my guidelines and resolutions, I'll just have to tell you about them in person if you want to know, but one of them is to be more open about myself. I'm sure if I try to break it that you will be able to cajole me into following through. I will be a revelation and ideally my whole life will undergo a revolution.

3 comments:

Jai Yen Yen said...

Do we have to ask you in person or would writing suffice? Don't discriminate your distant divas:)

linda jean said...

no. i wouldn't dream of it... you could email me sometime or i'll drop you a line...

jmlo said...

here's to revolutions--both big and small.