Tuesday, January 15, 2008

You can't reach me

I speak often of needing the sunlight. Today I need the clouds. I need them to confirm the struggle of everyday life. Instead, it is sunshiny and beautiful and everything happening today conflicts with the sky's message.

Tonight it may blizzard. The kind with crazy winds and paltry amounts of snow; just enough to ruin vision and slicken steps. Perfect. If I'm going to feel like I can't see far enough, I would like to not be able to see far enough. If I'm going to feel like I've fallen I might as well stumble.

(or maybe I'll just eat a little lunch, regroup, wipe the tears from my eyes and enjoy the afternoon before the storm... I guess we'll see).

2 comments:

mllr said...

Maybe the sky just wants to show you that there is hope that another day you will see clearly and the struggles won't seem so great...here is to hoping you don't stumble.

Anonymous said...

i'll try to keep my feet under me. thanks.