Tuesday, May 23, 2006

At Random formerly the Distaff Side

I think that everyone must be plagued at times by the thought that things could have been different. It seems like the key to overcoming those thoughts must be grounded in letting go of wanting what you don't have and hoping for what you might still get. The other path may have been fraught with peril or at least some downers. The current path is always wide open. (well mostly wide open, but I feel more comfortable not thinking of that).

Does fighting for something beyond what is reasonable mean that the fight is more just?

Why is it so much easier to think of solutions to a problem when the problem no longer exists? Sometimes I'm very good at coming up with solutions under pressure, but I think it must depend on whether or not I'm frazzled walking into the situation. Like when I get a phone call at 1:10 from a judge asking why I haven't come for the trial, how am I supposed to come up with a solution for the hearing that I scheduled over the top of a trial that I had forgotten to write down? Now I realize that the answer was simple, but it didn't even cross my mind this afternoon.

Swimming pools are wonderful things and so is leaving work early.

I was calling the A/C people when the Judge called today so I have another warm night and I'm waiting for the house to cool little before I try to sleep. So good night.

No comments: