Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Black Cat Lucky

I did day two of the law enforcement presentation today. For those of you who spoke to me yesterday, I wanted to let you know that I was fabulous today. The room was much less crowded, which I insecurely believe to be a reflection on how badly the presentation went yesterday. As I walked over to the law enforcement center, it started to rain on me. Then, the black cat, "Omen", crossed my path. I was so humored by all of this that I began my presentation by telling them how badly it had gone yesterday, and the bad signs on my way over. They were actually humored by this rather than staring at me blankly which was the response yesterday. I also remembered to bring candy. Two officers asked if they could have a copy of my notes.

6 comments:

lobiwan said...

:)Always bring candy:)
Its like when you go to a very solemn church service and the minister says something funny and everyone sort of doesn't know what to do because they don't know whether its ok to laugh or not.--candy and self derision makes sure they know it is ok to relax.

do you have any leftover candy?

linda jean said...

I do have leftovers. I offered to leave them behind to get them through the next speaker, but they declined.

jmlo said...

What kind of candy?

linda jean said...

kisses. they aren't leaving the state.

mllr said...

You gave out kisses??? No wonder they liked the second day!

Becky said...

Linda, you got to go to my blog and look at my new post---