Thursday, May 25, 2006

Uncommon

The tempurature has been in the 90s all week so when I started hearing the thunder I couldn't resist watching. I sat out on the front porch and watched the rain. Then it started to rain sideways and it was like I was standing in the rain. Rain and the semi-arid climate are the bomb, or the bestest, or the coolest, or just real nice. I then watched the weatherman's contemporaneous report of possible golf ball sized hail currently falling and the 75 mph wind possibly blowing. Neither were true, though afterward he did say we had a 61 mph wind gust. The rain was accompanied with nice thunder and lightning. I think that the summer green against a thunderstorm sky is one of the prettiest sights in the world. Pretty can be common, but for the semi-arid land dweller, pretty is not nearly common enough.

No comments: