Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sampling

I went to the Kansas Sampler Festival this weekend and had a great time. I really appreciated getting to hear about SE Kansas especially since it's the region of the State I've seen the least. I will have to go for a visit after meeting so many nice people from that part of the State. The festival just sort of lets you sample different parts of the State through booths and people. There was also the Kansas Explorers tent http://www.explorekansas.org/

I bought Marci Penner's book. It's been fun looking at the places I've been and realizing all the things that I have missed along the way. So I guess I'll have to make slower drives and wait an extra 5 minutes for my hamburgers along the way. It really doesn't sound bad at all.

4 comments:

mllr said...

I am pretty sure that for you to get to SE Kansas you have to drive through SC Kansas which is right above NC Oklahoma...thanks for coming by

linda jean said...

Of course any visit to SE Kansas will begin in NC Oklahoma! You'll have to come exploring with me sometime.

Shauna said...

Does the book say anything about HC or The Penokee Stone Man?

linda jean said...

It mentions the Penokee Man and gives the phone # of the people who own the land it's on so you can set up a visit. Highlights of Hill City include: 2 main st, controversial post office, ogallala Quartize, city park, the penokee man exhibit, oil museum, the shade tree, buffalo hunter's cafe, bison club restaurant, tropp's nowhere bar and grill, pheasant inn b & b,