Sunday, July 22, 2007

Roadtrip 2007



I'm finally home after a week of tooling around the Southwest. My friend Jen and I took the Sentra for a nice long drive looking around and playing. I'm not really sure that a full play by play accounting is in order. The trip was one full of Americana and much of it followed I-40 which intersects often with Route 66. I've gotten wet in rivers, creeks, lakes, hot springs and a pool. I've gone to a national park. I've slept in a wonderful bed in a borrowed vacation home and I've slept in a wigwam shaped motel. I've experienced 120 degree heat. I've seen lots of pronghorn and rabbits. I've eaten at a renovated Harvey Hotel. I've eaten ahi tuna and I've eaten lamb. I've purchased a painting in Santa Fe and one from a man at the Continental Divide. I've seen the London Bridge in Arizona.


I'll try to pick some fun pictures and tell you some of our interesting stories. Jen was a great travel companion. Neither of us is too demanding. My one fear was that we would be incapable of making decisions, but actually we rarely sat wondering what we should do next. It's pretty cool that I have a friend that can take off like that and one with whom I love spending time. I'm glad to be home, but I'm sure that will change tomorrow when I'm at work.

5 comments:

malh said...

I love the CO pic.

malh said...

WHo's the motorcycle dude?

linda jean said...

No idea, but he's got a pic of us at the NM sign too. Plus one of us walking away.

Unknown said...

Hey are you coming back to Oklahoma this weekend for the fest? ARe ya, huh? huh?

linda jean said...

jo-- alas. I'm afraid I won't be driving there this weekend. If only it were in Guymon.