Sunday, July 01, 2007

Thems the Breaks, more or loess

The craziest thing about the breaks is that this wheatfield is less than a half mile away. Then suddenly you go around a curve the road descends and everything changes.

You will note the barbed-wire fence. All of the breaks are on privately owned lands.
Yep. It's a wonder, but I feel like pictures don't really capture it. Maybe a panoramic view would help. One thing that maybe you can't see in the picture is that none of that exposed ground is rock. It's all loess soil.

5 comments:

mllr said...

this should not be private land...that is just wrong

linda jean said...

I'm not sure that you can say that and be a Republican, but I'm no political scientist. You can sing: http://www.arlo.net/resources/lyrics/this-land.shtml.
(someone needs to teach me how to do links on the comment section)(also, that's a great song for the 4th of July, I think I'll sing today so that it gets stuck in everyone's head).

linda jean said...

W/ re: to the song... verse four is for you and me.

mllr said...

I don't want to take the land away...just offer enough to make everyone happy. I don't know how to link on the comment section either

Ben said...

linking requires html and this comment software intentionally doesn't support much of it

you may, of course, switch to comment hosting which does support links...i'm sure the idealist in 80620 would be happy to give you a list of comment hosting options along with a list of pages giving instructions for page formatting changes to make it work, though possibly the first list usually incorporates the second...

i want to say more but perhaps you can just supply the rant of your choosing in my stead...