Wednesday, June 20, 2007

5 things I dig about the son

I've been invited to join in a meme by Shauna...
5 things that I dig about Jesus:
1. The Sermon on the Mount. Thousands of years after it was given it still baffles, challenges, encourages, and offends.
2. Incarnation. It's a God-sized dream in a human flesh.
3. The woman caught in adultery. He forgives without giving an inch about what is right or wrong.
4. The calling of Andrew and Simon. Put down your nets and I'll make you fishers of men. I always wonder whether they really understood what he meant, or if it was just the need to follow him that compelled them.
5. Eternal love in the crucifixion. Once, forever, without limit, he demonstrated love.

Now I'm supposed to tag others: lobiwan, betsyann, mllr, malh, and jo.

No comments: