Monday, June 04, 2007

flowers and hives






I had almost resolved not to go this weekend owing to my life requiring a great deal of driving over the next two weeks. However, when I realized what a perfect day it was going to be and how it wouldn't be this perfect again for a very long time, I decided to pack lunch and get on the road. I believe that the wildflowers this year are unusually abundant, and they probably won't be around much longer, once the sun begins its summer blazing. With regard to photography, I threw caution to the wind (which was surprisingly, and sadly absent in the late morning when I arrived). The second photo left me with hives. As soon as I laid on the ground I realized that there was a goodly amount of russian thistle growing. Not everyone has an allergic reaction to it, but I was still itchy after I got home. If you live anywhere in western Kansas you are aware that the yucca blooms are out of control this year. There were many yuccas with blooms drooping down because of the weight.

1 comment:

nattyman said...

I think getting down on the level with the flowers for the picture was definitely worth the itching.