Saturday, June 23, 2007

The cryptic idealist

You must embrace your inner idealist in order to admire yourself in the way that you admire others. The idealist must be optimistic and confident. The idealist must not merely espouse ideals in words, but must cleave to ideals through actions. If the idealist never acts he is confronted with his own hypocrisy daily, and daily despises himself a little bit more as the days of his life pass. Finally, it appears that the idealist should be drinking Fat Tire.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

I especially agree about espousing ideals through actions, not just words. And about drinking Fat Tire.

linda jean said...

We idealists should get together more often for one. :) I miss having my idealistic friends nearby.

betsyann said...

Hey!...

But you're right--I'm probably not an idealist. More of an ostrich.

linda jean said...

I actaully tried to write that so as not to offend... I guess I needed to read it again. Let's see: "I miss Shauna." Also, "I miss feeling more at ease with my idealism than I am now." Also, "Law school and the legal community is almost completely devoid of idealist-- plenty of extremists, but very few idealists".

mllr said...

Does one have to be an idealist to drink Fat tire?

linda jean said...

I guess not, but for some reason the idealist seems to enjoy the taste more than most folks. Maybe the idealist needs a beer more than most folks what with believing that they can change the world and all.