Monday, June 04, 2007

Highs in the upper 70s-- what else could I do?




I have not seen all of the entries vying for "wonder"status in the 8 wonders of Kansas competition. I haven't even received any campaign materials from these places, but after viewing the Kansas Cimarron National Grasslands, I'm going push it a little. No, you shouldn't vote for it if you've never visited, and I would guess that not many people have visited. I had never been there until this weekend which is strange since it is relatively close and highway 54 (like a good defensive football tackle) gives you the advantage of the angle. A lot of the nominations will beat the Cimarron Grasslands based on name recognition. We should never vote based on name recognition, but rather educated opinion. You should read about this place too-- it's too big an area for me to do it justice.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I painted you something... Come get it.

linda jean said...

Thanks for the comment on my post. I still have email and a telephone.

Ranger said...

Point of Rocks, learning that Cimarron means wild, and why it is called the cimarron river, truly falling in love with grasses after observing the amazing bunch grass peculiarities of little blue stem at the grasslands. THese are a few of the reasons I would vote fo CNG.
Along with K140, and frog holler road. CHRIS