Monday, June 04, 2007

Point of Rocks

Point of Rocks (it's descriptive, stop criticizing).




Various views of the Cimarron Grassland's "money shot". Everything you read on-line about it will have a photo of this spot. It's no wonder, you can see it for miles a way and in a land of few landmarks, it stands out. When I first arrived and I was planning to turn right on Road 700, I struggled when I saw the point of rocks in the distance requiring a left turn onto Road 700. It is a lovely place and at the top of this point you can see a good deal of the river and get an idea of where you are going. A pretty important feature for groups of people traveling in wagons. I enjoyed hiking here and it was a great spot to finish my day. No more crankiness, I was just happy that I got out of bed and on the road.

No comments: